Wednesday, October 31, 2001

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

This year has been the first since I've been in the States that I haven't celebrated Halloween in one way or another. Here's a quick rundown of things I have dressed up as:

1st grade: Actually, I don't really remember what I was. But I do remember a wig and long fingernails. I think I was Madonna.
2nd grade: M&M
3rd grade: Princess Jasmine
4th grade: Catwoman
5th grade: 60's girl. You know, poodle skirts and all that good stuff. That was the 60's, right?
6th grade: Witch
7th grade: Mime
8th grade: Butterfly
9th grade: Dead Harpeth Hall girl/ Cat
10th grade: Snow White? Kinda. I had the Snow White hair... but that was about it. I did get to paint someone's face as a dog though... Ahh... Memories...
11th grade: I'm still in the same clothes that I slept in last night, not wanting to go out, because 1.) It's cold, 2.) "I'm too old to go trick or treating even though I've done it for the past 10 years", 3.) Well... You know... Someone might put anthrax in my candy, 4.) No parties. And even if there was one, I still probably wouldn't go. Me and parties don't mix, and 5.) I still have to finish Billy Budd, which is by far the most boring book I have ever read, by tomorrow. Besides, what's the point of getting candy when you still have some from last year? At least it'll be anthrax free! Hopefully.

So I guess that about sums of 11 years of good ole Halloween. Shoo along now while I try to finish this book. Oh, sorry, novella. Have trouble sleeping? Forget medicine. Read Billy Budd.

No comments: