Wednesday, January 9, 2002

I see scary things on tv. I was watching Michael Jackson's 30th Anniversary Celebration on tv tonight where Michael memorializes and dedicates this whole big celebration concert to well, himself. So all these singers and rappers and people and out and do their thing, and most of them do covers of Michael's old songs. I saw Shaggy's performance of "It wasn't me." Dude. Shaggy. Why was he at this thing? And then I see Lil' Romeo's performace. He comes out with another dude twice the height that he is. It wasn't until a few seconds later that it clicked in my brain that it was Master P, Lil' Romeo's uncle, who also happens to be #3 on my Worst Rappers Ever list (#1 is P. Diddy). So here are Uncle and Nephew, wearing matching clothes, with matching cornrows, sharing a stage together, rapping to the beat of Jackson 5's "I Want You Back". Then there comes to a part where they are like "Swing your elbows..." and trying to get the million people who are there to do it. Camera cuts to Michael, who is sitting in an audience seat, watching the performace, swing his elbows. One of the creepiest-looking guys ever is doing the ghetto dance! I feel dirty. At a commercial break, I changed channels to ABC where they were airing the AMA's. And oh my good look who it is! It's Michael! Again! Ahhhhh... And oh my God look who's hosting! P. Diddy! Ahhhh.... And oh my God look who the next musical performance is! Shaggy! Doing "It Wasn't Me" again! Ahhhh.... Completely horrifying. Now, try reading US Hsitory on top of that.

Other people I saw from both the Michael concert and the AMA's: Usher, Ginuwine, Britney Spears, Otown, *NSYNC. It's weird seeing the same people on two different channels at the same time since one is live, and the other *was* live. It's like "Whoa! How'd they get there so fast??"

*Sigh* I'm tired. And I need a shower.

No comments: