Saturday, April 13, 2002

Related to the post I had about genetics: Today, in my economics class, we somehow got to talking about gay people. This is the conversation:

Her: Eww. Gay people are so gross. Why would they choose to do that?
Me: Sometimes it's not their choice, they could be born with the fact that they like people the same sex they are. Just like how you are born with the fact that you like guys.
Her: Whatever. You can't be born gay.
Me: It's been proven that half the time, it's genetic and hereditary. Not learned.
Her: That's bullshit.

I honestly wanted to take the pen in my hand and jab her eyes out. I usually don't get violent because I'm a wuss but I hate people who are disciminatory towards a certain group of people. I can't stand that. And no, I have not had previous issues where people used to pick on me, it's just something that I feel very strongly about. Things people do that piss me off:
-When my mom and I are in the car and driving down the street where she sees a black person on the sidewalk, she will lock the car door.
-When people refer to something or someone as "gay" or "fag" even though it had nothing to do with their sexual preference.
-When certain people from school call the Middle-Eastern looking students "terrorists". Yes. People are *still* doing that.

I guess I could go on. But what's the point. Would I be discriminating if I don't like the people who are discriminatory?

People suck. I hate us.

No comments: