Wednesday, September 12, 2001

Think of someone you love more than anything else in the world. Got it? Okay. Now think of that special person about to come home to you after being away on a vacation or business trip. Yeah? Now think what about what you would do if you got a phone call saying from that person saying that they are the plane and are about to crash. What would be going on in your mind? What would you say? What would you want that last words you two say to each other be? Scary thought isn't it? Maybe I shouldn't take my history classes for granted... It shouldn't have taken this much to open all of our eyes to all the pain, suffering, and hate that people have to endure. We should have realized all this a long time ago. So. Pardon my selfishness, stupidity, and closemindedness down there... My prayers go out to all the victims, family and friends of the victims, and... just... everyone. Monday was an absolutely perfect day compared to what happened yesterday, and I'm terrified of what's gonna happen tomorrow and the days to come... I just hope that we can all make it through... one day at a time.

When I am gone, release me, let me go.
I have so many things to see and do.
You mustn’t tie your self to me with tears,
be thankful for our beautiful years.

I gave to you my love, you can only guess,
How much you gave to me in happiness.
I thank you for the love you each have shown.
But now it’s time I travel alone.

So grieve for me, if grieve you must.
Then let your grief be comforted by trust.
It’s only for a time that we must part,
So bless the memories within your heart.

I won’t be far away, for life goes on.
So if you need me, call, and I will come.
Though you can’t see or hear me, I’ll be near.
And if you listen with your heart, you will hear.
All my love around you soft and clear.

And then, when you must come this way alone,
I will greet you with a smile, and say,
“Welcome home.”
~Author Unknown

No comments: