Wednesday, February 6, 2002

This is what my day consisted of: Woke up. Looked outside. Clear. I think to myself, where the hell is my snow? It's 30 degrees outside, I want my snow. This weather is totally unacceptable. We have 5 built-in snow days, let's use them! But alas, I still have school. Go to school. Near the end of 1st period, I look outside. It is snowing. A lot. And I think, why, God, why do you taunt us so? I can just see him up there throwing snow down going, "Ha! I'm making it snow! Oh, but you're still in school. And the snow's *not* gonna stick so you will remain in school. Muahaha. Hey, what are you gonna do? I'm God." I did a little snow dance last night, and I guess I should have been more specific. If it just snowed at 6am instead of 8. We would be out. 2nd period rolls around, I sit by the window, wondering what we're still doing in school. It is snowing a lot. But it's not sticking to the roads because people planned ahead and salted the roads yesterday. The office comes on the intercom a few times, but with meaningless announcements. But still. Everytime we all hear it come on, you can see the hopeful looks on everyone's faces, and then see the hope shattered when we realize that we are not getting out of school. We are pissed because we know that every goddamn school around us is already out. This is the third time that this has happened to metro. 3rd and 4th period seem to drag on forever, and there's my teacher desperately trying to keep our attention:
Teacher: Blah blah blah Progressive Era blah blah blah
Us: Snow!
Teacher: Blah blah blah Spanish American war blah blah blah.
Us: Snow!
Teacher: Come on guys, focus. Blah blah Manifest Destiny blah.
Us: Snow!
Teacher: Stop looking out the window. You need to learn this stuff for the test on Friday.
Us: Snow!
By now, when you look outside, the buildings that are kidna far away are lost in a sea of white. It is snowing really hard by now. The grass, cars, tress, roofs, are all covered in it. But you know what's not? The goddamn roads. 5th period. My teacher has given up on us, she doesn't even want to try to teach us something, cause what's the use? 11:32 am, we hear the principle come over the intercom, telling us that schools will be closed at 12:15. Finally. It's about time. I left early, cause what's the point of waiting until 12:15 if we're getting out anyway? I come home and slept for a good 4 hours. So. That concludes my day. Oh, but one last thing: Garcia, you are a jackass. We hate you.

No comments: