Monday, August 19, 2002

I wore a furry hot pink slap bracelet to school today. It made me happy. But not too happy when people started to pull on the fur. That made me mad.

So shool has been in session for a week and a day now. It's going great except for the whole "going-to-class" thing. Umm... I think we are getting out senior lunch back. Oooh yeah. Off-campus lunch, one hour, everyday. Word. That whole "no flip flops" thing has been thrown to hell by now. Most of us are being rebels by wearing them to school daily. Oh! The horror! Then again, I think teachers and principles have much better things to do with their time then look at what's on our feet.

I've changed my schedule a million times...
I dropped psychology to take physics.
I dropped AB Calc to take BC Calc, meaning I had to move English from 1st period to 3rd.
I dropped Art III in 2nd semester to take Theater Productions.
I realized that I already had a physics credit, dropped it to take "Critical Thinking" (Easiest yet most fun class, ever.)
My guidance counselor said that she would like the student council to be office aides. So I dropped Critical thinking to be that.
Now I want to switch who I'm going to be an office aid for.

Okay so that's not a million times, but I love my guidance counselor for having to put up with me =) Yay!

The classes that I have now are not too bad. It's a good combination of hard and easy classes so I'm not bombarded down with work like I was last year. Oooh... Bad memories... Good luck to those of you who are juniors this year =)

So I realize that I'm going to college in a year. That is an absolutely frightening thought. I cannot wait. I know that I'm going to be sad to be leaving here and friends and my mom once the time comes, but I'm looking *very* forward to it. I'm not even sure where exactly I want to go. The colleges that I really *want* to go to are butt-hard to get in. So that doesn't leave me with many "not-too-hard-to-get-into-colleges" that I like... But there is one thing for sure: I am not staying here. I love Nashville, but it's been too long now, you know? Yeah. If you lived here, of course you'd know. I think I'm ready for a change. No, I know I'm ready for it. Oh God, and I know I'm going to be terrified when the time finally comes. *Whines* But hey, I've got one year left, so... gonna make the best out of it.

No comments: