Sunday, September 22, 2002

I watched the original Japanese version of The Ring this past summer in Taiwan. It was quite possibly the scariest movie I have ever seen... And if you had no clue what was going on, it wouldn't be scary, cause there really wasn't any creepy music or graphics, or anything like that. There were not a lot of special effects and blood and gore. But that movie screws with your mind. It fucked me up for a good week because I would be going to bed and start thinking about it, and I would not be able to sleep. It seriously freaked me out. And there are pleanty of other people who would agree with me. There are two other "Rings" that follow the first to describe the events that happened to lead to what happened in the first Ring. And supposedly, the other two are creepier than the first.

So, the American Dreamworks has decided to do their own little version of the movie... Now, I'm thinking that it's probably gonna suck a whole bunch of ass cause it is going to be Hollywoodized. And the Japanese version was so... not. It was simple, and... not a huge big production. But I'm scared that the US is going to mess up the movie and its meaning. So when people who haven't seen the orginial, see it the American version, they are probably going to think, "Oh, it was okay." And then if they see the original, they will think it blows. But it doesn't! It's good. And scary! I just don't see why they don't release the Japanese one here in the states... I'm just hoping that the American version is good.

But! This little animation here ranks pretty high up with the dancing gay Spiderman. I'm definitely liking it even though I am totally jealous of his mad dancing skills.

And for those of you who like Jay Chou, this is adorable.

I am going to bed soon... and it's not even 10 yet! On a Sunday night! Amazing ^_^ So I guess my 3-day weekend comes to a halt now...

No comments: