Sunday, September 8, 2002

I've been working on college applications all night. So I was filling out the part with "Honors, awards, job experience, achievements, extracurricular activities" and so forth, I realized just how much I suck. I had to leave pretty much that entire section blank. =) Anywho, I stumbled upon some interesting things...

California colleges give out wonderful scholarships such as "Jewish orphan studying aeronautical engineering, Grew up on a farm, or child of farmers, Student's ancestors from Pop Yup, China, Blood relative of Mildred L. Muller, General Motors employee, etc... I'm liking this. I ended up applying for 13 different scholarships.

I am filling out the online application for the Texas schools right now, and they made me agree to this statement:
I certify that the information I have provided is complete and correct to the best of my knowledge. I also certify that I have read and understand the 'Important Information about Bacterial Meningitis'. If my application is accepted, I agree to abide by the policies, rules and regulations at any university to which I am admitted. I authorize the university to verify the information I have provided. I further understand that this information will be relied upon by the officials of the university in determining my admission and residence status for tuition purposes and that the submission of false information is grounds for rejection of my application, withdrawal of an offer of acceptance, cancellation of enrollment, and/or disciplinary action. I also authorize the university to electronically access my Texas Academic Skills Program Test results.

I like how we have to certify that I understand Bacteiral Meningitis for a college application.

Just thought that I'd like to share... I'm gonna finish up now cause it's getting late and I have church tomorrow morning. And by morning I mean 2 in the afternoon. ^_^

No comments: