Sunday, September 8, 2002

Whilst talking to a friend on the phone tonight:

He: Yeah, and so she tol... what are you listening to?
Me: *Turns music down* ...Um... Nothing.
He: Oh my God, are you listening to the Mortal Kombat theme song???
Me: NOO I'm not, I promise!!!
He: YOU ARE TOO!!! YOU FREAK!!!

I then proceeded to bury my head into a mountain of shame.

The Mortal Kombat theme adds to my list of theme songs that I have a tendency to listen to:
-Mighty Mouse
-Ninja Turtles
-Spiderman
-Pepsi (You know, the Britney ones...)
-Smurfs
-Spongebob Squarepants
-Speed Racer
-Doug
-Three Is Company
-Animaniacs
-Underdog
-Mission: Impossible
-Happy Days
-Ren and Stimpy
-Powerpuff Girls
-Sailor Moon
-Carebears
-Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers
-Rugrats
-Fraggle Rock
-Beverly Hills Cop
-Friends
-Captain Planet
-Inspector Gadget
-Daria
-My Little Pony
-Darkwing Duck
-Pink Panther
-Rocko's Modern Life
-South Park
-Mario Bros.
-Pinky and the Brain
-Fresh Prince
-Samurai X
-Power Rangers

Okay. You see, I got this Power Rangers t-shirt in the little boys' section at Goodwill last week, and of course, if I have the shirt, I need the song, right? That is a prefectly legitimate excuse for having this theme. Now, I am really not sure what to say about the others. Maybe a nostalgia for those good old cartoons? Hrm... All I know is that there are way too many songs on that list. I'm not a dork, I swear.

P.S. Are there any more I should add to my list-o-shame? ^_^

No comments: