Friday, November 15, 2002

I'm in my English teacher's room right now debating on whether or not I should risk running to my locker to get my calculus book without a note to do so. Huh. I'm reading a poster with a poem on it on her door. I'm kinda liking it.

Open it.
Go ahead, it won't bite.
Well... maybe a little.
More a nip, like. A tingle.
It's pleasurable, really.
You see, it keeps on opening.
You may fall in.
Sure, it's hard to get started;
remember learning to use
knife and fork? Dig in:
you'll never reach bottom.
It's not like it's the end of the world -
just the world as you think
you know it.

Speaking of poems, I remember one that I read in 9th grade when I was doing a poetry project. I forgot who it was by...

Premature Ejaculation

This poem is already finished.


Hah.

There was a group of Japanese people who came to visit our school yesterday. I told my friend to go up to them and bow and say "konitchiwa". But she said no and told me to do it. But I was afraid that they might start talking Japanese to me and I would be all, "Wasabi?" And they would be disappointed and hate Nashville. Anyway... I'm gonna try to find something better to do to kill time...

No comments: