Wednesday, March 12, 2003

I got into a car wreck today. Yay!!!

And by Yay I mean this sucks more than anything because my mom had spent a good $400 on my car yesterday to spruce it up and now my baby is all broken =( Sad day for Tammy.

I was driving on Hillsboro Road on the way to school and a girl made a right hand turn into my lane out of nowhere, basically. And no, I was not speeding. So there was absolutely no way that I could have avoided hitting her or hitting something. I could have been the best driver in the world... the most attentive and most careful, and I still could not have avoided hitting her. I'm kinda glad that I didn't swerve and hit oncoming traffic. Yes. That would be bad. The airbag deployed and everything. I was so shocked that I stayed in my car for a good 30 seconds after it happened, until I realized, "Hey! I can't breathe!" because of all the smoke that was coming out into the car. The worst part is... even though it was pretty much her fault for pulling out way too quickly and I could not have not hit her, the blame would probably be put on me since I rear-ended her (I'm just keeping my fingers crossed). And my little baby doesn't have collision insurance because I got it for so cheap. *Sigh* Today was not a good day.

The thing that kept me from not breaking down right then and there was the fact that the police officer that came to file our report looked exactly like Officer Farva from Super Troopers. I had to try really hard from not cracking up.

Well... hey, at least I'm alive, right? Neither of us were hurt... I'm just a little sore from whiplash... and dude, that airbag thingie hurts! It's kinda hard to stay in a bad mood also since it's such a nice day out. Weather like this makes a happy Tammy.

Anyway. That's all for now. I'll update you on what happens later on... Thank God that spring break is next week. It could not have come at a better time..

No comments: