Sunday, May 11, 2003

[Caution: Cheesy post ahead.]

My mommy's asleep. I just went into her bathroom and used dry-erase markers to write all over her mirror and put her presents by her sink (yeah, yeah, I know it's the bathroom - but it's the first thing she'll see when she wakes up! ). I got her a big balloon, flowers, a card, some yummy lotion, and a little book of cheesy mom quotes. It's all pink and flowery and mom-like too!

Aww, I'm such a good daughter. *Pat pat*

My mommy's the bestest. I don't know where I'd be without her... (well, not... here... for obvious reasons). But yeah, even though she has no idea that I even have this webpage, nor does she even know what a webpage is, I just wanted to let everyone else know that my mom means the world to me. Granted, there are those times where I swear I want to strangle myself so I wouldn't have to hear another word come out of that woman's mouth, and there are those times when I wish I could just pack up my bags and move out right then and there. But. If it weren't for my mom always being there for me and being a loving, selfless, and caring person, I don't know if I'd turn out the way I am today (that's not saying much, but you know...).

There are some definitely some things that I wish I could change about the way I've treated my mom if I could. I wish I didn't lose my temper as much and get mad at her over stupid shit that I did, not her. I wish that I was more appreciative of the fact that she spoils me rotten. I wish that I never blamed my problems on her. I've realized all those things by now, and I'm definitely more aware of the way I treat her, and I want to thank her everyday for all that she does for me. Not only does she make money to supply the food and house, my college tuition... but she even pays for stuff that I don't need, like my car, my cell phone bill, etc. I know so many other people that have to pay for things like that by themselves. I'm just lucky to have a mom that's willing do work so hard just to make me happy and give me a life that she never had when she was my age.

My mom and I have definitely been through rough times after my dad died, and it was hard for the both of us to be able to move on with our lives. But sometimes I think it's my mom's strength and determination that gave me the motivation to keep going. It's going to be difficult leaving my mom's side after the summer, since it has been just the two of us (No! Not the Will Smith song!) for the past 6 years. I'm definitely gonna be mommy-sick.

So in case my mom ever by some odd chance comes across this page, I hope she knows that I love her and she's the best mommy a girl could ever wish for and I'm lucky and proud to have someone like her in my life. ^_^

[Scary thought: Tonight, Steve and I convinced a guy from our work that I had two kids and that I had to work to support them. Me. With children. Ew. I'm the type of person who find quotes like "You know, kids aren't so bad if they're cooked right" and dead baby jokes funny. I should never be allowed to procreate.]

No comments: