Friday, July 4, 2003

On time:

1. What were your favorite childhood stories? Some ancient Chinese legends... like... the guy who shot down the suns, and the rabbit in the moon... those were all great. Oh, what? You don't know what I'm talking about? Oh, I'm sorry, it's a Chinese thing. [Haha just kidding. Please don't hurt me.]

2. What books from your childhood would you like to share with [your] children? I don't really remember a lot books that I read when I was young that I liked a lot, but I remember the children's books that I read within the last few years that I thoroughly enjoyed and would like to share with my kids (assuming that I have any, that is). So I like "Guess How Much I Love You", "The BFG", "The Missing Piece", and "The Giving Tree".

3. Have you re-read any of those childhood stories and been surprised by anything? Not really suprised, but after 2 years of AP English, I tend to analyze books a lot more. Perhaps more than I should. So I would just analyze these children's books trying to find out any "deeper meanings". It's kind of like when my friends and I were analyzing the satirical intent and socio-historical content behind mid-nineties social life of wealthy rich teenage kids in the movie, Clueless. I wish I was kidding. I blame it on my English teachers. *Shakes fist*

4. How old were you when you first learned to read? I learned to read Chinese newspapers when I was only 4 or so. Yeah, I was a smart kid. I don't know what happened. I think my mom might dropped me down the stairs and let my head bounce every step of the way. Or maybe it's cuz Amerikah tryd 2 make me smrt but they jus mest up somwhere alon the lynes.

5. Do you remember the first 'grown-up' book you read? How old were you? No, I don't remember. I still like them non 'grown-up' books thankyouverymuch.

Speaking of books, I would definitely recommend Survivor, by Chuck Palahniuk. Good and crazy stuff. And yes, it's actually a 'grown-up' book, mind you. Anyway, enough of this nerd business, off to bed. Night.

Oh and Happy 4th of July, folks. I get to celebrate by working. Yay Amerikah!

No comments: