Monday, August 11, 2003

My mommy and I went to Tar-jhey tonight and she got me lots of new stuff for my dorm. Yay for new stuff! I really hope that my roommate won't end up bringing the same things because then all the stuff that I got today would just be put to waste... Oh yeah, it would also be great to know who my roommate is before the day I move in, but I guess the people over at Dobie didn't really put that into consideration. Let's just hope that she won't shave my eyebrows or steal my soul or anything like that. *Crosses fingers*

I got new undies today too. They are cute. You should kiss them. NO EW I'M JUST KIDDING THAT'S GROSS!

Today was the first day of school for metro. It's nice not having to be in high school this year because the school system is cracking down. Cracking down on what, exactly? I'm not sure... but that's what they tell me. But for those of you who had to go to school today, I feel for you. Waking up at 6:30 sure doesn't sound fun right about now. Hey! That's when I go to sleep!

I actually have to go back to Hillsboro sometime this week anyway. I need to get my art supplies since I casually forgot to take them with me at the end of the school year. I also need to pay for my yearbook. That way, in twenty years, my kids can look back at the pictures and laugh at our hideous haircuts and clothes but then wear the same things in another 5 years. Funny how that works.

I started packing tonight [with much help from the lovely Hips] and I realized that holy crap I have a lot of clothes (most of them being ugly, but a lot, nonetheless). I am throwing away 14 bags of clothes and 12 pairs of shoes and yet I'm still a little worried about how much stuff I still have left to take. I've already got one huge suitcase full, and I still have a lot left. It's neverending, I swear. Why do I have to be such a goddamn girl?

And further proof to as how I'm such a girl?

[Talking to a friend last night...]
Me: I miss David. =(
Friend: Aww when was the last time you saw him?
Me: ... This afternoon.
Friend: You are pathetic.

Anyway, I'm gonna go read and go to bed. I was gonna straighen up my room but I figure that since I have to pack it all up anyway, I might as well leave it scattered everywhere. It's good logic, see?

I shall leave you all with this nice little thought for the day:
"Most people think life sucks, and then you die. Not me. I beg to differ. I think life sucks, then you get cancer, then your dog dies, your wife leaves you, the cancer goes into remission, you get a new dog, you get remarried, you owe ten million dollars in medical bills but you work hard for thirty-five years and you pay it back and then -- one day -- you have a massive stroke, your whole right side is paralyzed, you have to limp along the streets and speak out of the left side of your mouth and drool but you go into rehabilitation and regain the power to walk and the power to talk and then -- one day -- you step off a curb at 67th Street, and BANG you get hit by a city bus and then you die. Maybe." -Denis Leary

No comments: