Friday, September 12, 2003

I had a dream last night that I was going to Taiwan today and only had a few hours to pack. I also didn't get a chance to tell anyone that I would be leaving because I was so rushed. Then I was woken up to the sound of my roomate's alarm. In fact, I was woken up EIGHT times because she kept hitting the snooze button. Ahh, the joys of sharing a room with someone else.

Anyway, it's Friday.

1. Is the name you have now the same name that's on your birth certificate? If not, what's changed? No, the name I have on my birth certificate is in Chinese.

2. If you could change your name (first, middle and/or last), what would it be? In 5th grade, my friends used to tell me that I should make up a middle name (since I don't have one) that starts with L so my initials would be TLC. But aside from that, I don't think I'd want to change my name unless it's to "Tamzilla", or "Tennessee Tina". ^_~

3. Why were you named what you were? (Is there a story behind it? Who specifically was responsible for naming you?) My Chinese name has three characters with the first character being my last name. The middle character is the same as the middle character as my brother's name (literal meaning - "sky") and so my parents decided to keep that. As for the last character, my grandfathers on both sides of my family each came up with different characters for the last part of my name. When they compared with each other, they saw that all of their choices were different except for one... and that's the one they chose.

4. Are there any names you really hate or love? What are they and why? Hrmm... I don't think there are any names that I specifically hate. But I love the names, Chole, Celeste, Tyler, Scott, and Alena. However, I must say that my favorite name of all time is Harry's. =)

5. Is the analysis of your name at kabalarians.com accurate? How or how isn't it? They told me...
The name Tammy creates a dual nature in that you can be very generous and understanding, but you can also be so candid in your expression that you create misunderstanding. You struggle with the requirement to soften your expression with tact and diplomacy and to consider the feelings of others. Difficulty in accepting advice or admitting that you may have made a mistake causes you to appear to be stubborn and set in your ways. Thus, you have too often created the wrong impression, and friendships have suffered. This name does offer creative talent where there is the opportunity for ingenuity and originality. You have a tendency, at times, to have too many ideas on the go, and thus your efforts are scattered and many things do not reach completion. You are inclined to do to excess the things you like to do. You have very intense feelings and find it difficult to maintain stability and happiness. If you allowed it, temper and self-pity could be problems.
I think the true parts about that is that I can be cery stubborn and it *is* hard for me to admit I made a mistake sometimes. I also do have a bad temper at times. Grr.

I do believe that tis time for me to take a nappity nap nap now. Night night.

No comments: