Tuesday, November 11, 2003

For those of you who are thinking, "Your mom is getting married?!?" Yes. My mom is getting married.

If you don't know to whom already, you probably will find out soon enough.

But for my sake, I shall refer to my future step-father from now on as "Guy". (Esther and I had a discussion about this. I think that it is way too weird to start calling him "dad", and calling him by his first name is just informal and impolite. By Chinese parents' standards, anyway. Them crazy Asians... So I've resorted to referring to him as "Guy", and when I see him and need to talk to him, I'll just... tap on his shoulder and say "hey" or something. But I digress...)

The Mom and Guy were friends for quite some time since we all go to the same church. However, they didn't start dating seeing courting each other until around this time last year. They hit it off right away, and a year later... Wham! They are getting married.

Actually, I don't think it was as much of a Wham! as it was a life-altering decision for all of us.

I'm very happy and excited for them both. Mainly because I love my mom to death and she's my world and he makes her happy. I don't really think I've ever seen my mom like this before... all giddy and in love. It's kinda disgusting, actually. Anyway, I also know that Guy can take good care of her while I'm away. So yeah. Hurray for Mom and Guy!

Did I also mention that I'm gonna have two younger brothers now? Crazy, I know. Maybe now I can put them through the kind of hell that my big bro put me through for so many years.

Just kidding. I'm mean, but not that mean.

Well... maybe I am. *Evil grin*

So yeah. That's the story. Kind of. And like I said, I'm going to Seattle to see Mom and Guy get married (his family lives there) over Thanksgiving, and we are trying to move to a bigger house over winter break. I'm excited because hey! A big house again! Though... it will be weird waking up to have 4 other people in the house instead of just one. Hrm.

Anyway, I hope that this updates most of you confused kids. Yeah? Okay, good!

And these are some leftovers from last Friday:

1. What food do you like that most people hate? Flaming Hot Cheetos. Mmm.

2. What food do you hate that most people love? I'm not a big fan of pizza anymore. And I absolutely despise onions.

3. What famous person, whom many people may find attractive, is most unappealing to you? Josh Hartnett. I don't know what you're thinking, girls. He is not cute!

4. What famous person, whom many people may find unappealing, do you find
attractive?
I think Dave Navarro is kinda hot. In that weird, freaky, what-am-I-thinking, kind of way. Or maybe I am just using him to get to Carmen Electra.

5. What popular trend baffles you? Those hideous J-Lo parachute pants, Friendster, and the Ying-Yang Twins.

My boyfriend would disagree with me on the latter, though:

Boy: my prayers have been answered
Boy: the new britney spears CD has a track featuring the ying yang twins

I am, however, totally excited about that new Britney CD. What? She's my guilty pleasure! Plus, she's HOTT (with two T's)!

Anyway, I think that's enough for today. Bye!

No comments: