Thursday, June 17, 2004

This will be that god-awfully long post that I had promised you all. Pictures will not be up until later when I get them from various sources.


Bali was amazing. Everything there was just so vividly beautiful and I’m really glad that I had this chance to experience something like it.

The plane ride there wasn’t so bad. But then again, 5 hours is nothing compared to the 18 hours it took to get to Taiwan. And of course, airplane food was just as bad as I remembered it to be. Yum.

When we got there, it was rainy, but I actually didn’t mind because it felt so nice out.

We stayed at the Sheraton Laguna for the first two nights. It was right on the beach and the rooms were surrounded by swimming pools. The hotel was gorgeous.

I don’t think the people in Bali understand the concept of “paved roads”. Think: West Campus times 10. Driving around in Bali is like riding an hour and a half long roller coaster. You know, the kind that makes you want to hurl all over the place.

Just for the record, food at the Hard Rock Café sucks just as much outside of the country as it does in the US.

My cousin got her hair braided. Unfortunately, she couldn’t sleep with all those beads in her hair and ended up taking them all out the same night. I also got my nails done. They’re so hideous, I love it. Stephanie – you would definitely not be my friend if you saw these in person.

We stayed at the Meridian the last two nights. This hotel was equally amazing.

One US dollar = 9,000 Indonesian dollars. I have never felt so rich in my entire life, holding hundred thousand dollar bills. I was big pimpin’ like you wouldn’t believe.


Coming back to Taiwan was definitely much appreciated after being in the air for 30 hours within 6 days.

My cousin is the coolest person, ever.

Congratulations to Terence and Suzy. Again.

The clubs were pretty fun. Well, the fun part was really just watching the people there dance to the 5 songs the DJ played ALL FRIKEN NIGHT. Nothing beats 50 year old men and women getting their groove on to Usher and Britney Spears.

One of the clubs we went to was in Taipei 101 (currently the tallest building in the world, but you still can’t go past floor 6) and Jay Chow went there a few days before we did. OhmygodJAYCHOW!!! Now if it was only F4…

Hanging out with Damon, Terence, Suzy, Ruth, Esther, Daniel, Eric, and Stephanie was great. (Sorry to those I did not get to see in the few short days I was there. I’ll be sure to save you a “Here’s to Tennessee” shot.)

I think I did more shopping in a span of 3 days than I have this past year combined. I love cheap clothes, cheap shoes, cheap purses, cheap everything. I just love being cheap.

Large, black, phallic things amuse me.

I watched Face/Off on HBO. Again. For the millionth time. I seem to watch this atrocious movie at least once every time I go back.

I didn't get to ride on a moped like I had originally intended. I did, however, steal two bikes with my cousin and rode them around NTU's campus. (Don't worry, we returned them to where taken from.)

I saw band do a cover of New Order’s Bizarre Love Triangle on TV the other day. Why must these people insist on butchering some good classics?

My relatives like to incessantly point out the fact that I’ve gained a pound or 50 since the last time they saw me. Now that my self-esteem is completely shattered, I might just have to start going to the gym. And cry.

I got a perm. It’s permtastic.

So on the plane back to the US, I watched Scooby Doo 2. I can’t decide if this is worse or if watching Snow Dogs last time I went back is worse. I think airlines made a deal with movie production companies which states that whichever movies suck, the airline will play on their long-distance flights.

The guy who was sitting next to me on the plane from Taipei to LA was escored off the plane by two policemen when we landed. A little scary.

Anyway, this is all for now. Hrm. So this post is really boring without pictures, but I'll get them up as soon as I can. Stay tuned.

No comments: