Saturday, August 6, 2005

In two days, I'm flying back to Austin. Words cannot express just how badly I don't want to leave.

When I was in high school, all I ever wanted to do was just to get out of Tennessee. I ended up only applying to one in-state college as a back-up, telling myself that I would never go to a school here. And it's times like this when I really wish I had.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Austin very dearly, but I think Nashville is the place where my heart truly resides. I found that the only time when I am genuinely happy is when I'm at home with my friends and family. I grew up here. I had my best friends, best memories, best... times, here. And I wouldn't give that up for anything in the world.

It really sucks going to a school 14 hours away, so I can't just be like, "Wow, I miss home. I'll drive back this weekend." I never truly appreciated this place until I left. And now, I only count down the days to which I can return yet again.

Going to a college so far away has definitely taught me to be more independent and I think I've grown a lot in the past couple years. But sometimes, I feel like I never want to grow up, and I just want to stay inside the comfort of my safety bubble.

In two days, I'm going to be leaving here, and I can't even begin to tell you how homesick I'm going to be.

Would it be bad if I said that I don't want to go back to Austin and just move home?

No comments: