Thursday, September 22, 2005

Hurricane Rita

  • Category 5 Storm (the most destructive)
  • Winds of 174 mph
  • Mandatory evacuations
  • An expected 1.2 million people coming here from other cities
  • Rising food prices
  • No gas
  • Predicted looting in Austin

    Needless to say, I'm scared out of my fucking mind.

    This is the first time since I've been in Austin that I am truly relieved to have family who's far, far away.

    To anyone who has to suffer through this ordeal - you are in my heart.

    [Edit]

    So the storm came and went. It wasn't as bad as they made it out to be, which is definitely a good thing. I'm just waiting for Hurricane Tammy to arrive.

    I'm hoping that it's gonna be a big one. I mean, not big enough to kill people, but I'd just want to destroy some buildings and shit. And have people write in their Xangas "Man, FUCK TAMMY!" And I want to hear on the news, "Yeah, Tammy destroyed my home and took everything!"

    Sure would give "Tamzilla" a whole new meaning, wouldn't it?

  • No comments: