Sunday, January 21, 2007

This semester marks my 7th consecutive semester as an active of Alpha Sigma Rho after I crossed in the fall of 2003.

God, that makes me feel old.

Throughout high school, I always made fun of sororities (or "sorostitutes", as I liked to call them) and fraternities, thinking that they were organizations where you had to pay for your friends. I thought greek life revolved around partying, drugs, superficial friendships, and empty relationships. So if you were to tell me four years ago, that I would be president of a sorority one day, I would have snorted milk out my nose and onto your face. And I don't even drink milk.

All I can say about my experience in being in ASR, is that my college life would not have been as fulfilling and rewarding had I not joined. And never had the number #32 meant more to me than it does now.

Anyway, there was a reason why I went into this whole schpeal. Rush starts this week, you should come.



Oh, and don't forget our party this coming Thursday at Karma Lounge on 8th and Colorado. I'm not really sure what "Goldelicious" means, but I promise you one hell of a party. Find me and I'll buy you a shot or... five - I'll be the drunk girl by the bar all night. And maybe if you're lucky, you may even get to see me wasted, sitting on a curb on the side of the street, puking up the 12 cheap wells-drinks I had earlier that night. Oh man, good times.

No comments: