Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I got to hang out with my favorite last night, and we did something that we haven't done in a long time - go downtown together. On a Tuesday night. Just us two. Like the alkies we are.

It all started when I got a VIP pass to a Patron party at Qua - free Patron shots all night. Now everyone knows that I absolutely DESPISE tequila... but... who can pass up on a sale, son?

So of course, I had to call Phuong up to see if she wanted to go, and like the trooper she is, she obliged. We get a cab at around 11:30 and we're in front of the bar in 10 minutes. When we get there, the bouncer tells us that they were about to close!!! What bar closes at midnight?? I know that you have to be 25+ to get in, but Jesus, are you really that old that you need to be in bed by midnight? Come on.

We leave Qua to go next door to Rain (go figure), and we find out that Texas is working the bar that night. He hooked us up with some delicious shots:

- Smack That Ass (Like a Yeah Baby, but... pink...)
- Blueberry Pancake (Tastes JUST like what it's named. Crazy)
- German Chocolate Cake (This was my favorite! How does a clear shot end up tasting like chocolate? It's baffling.)
- Upside-down Pineapple Cake (Meh. Good, but didn't compare to the prior.)

After I was good and tipsy, we trekked on over to 6th Street to see what was happening over there. Cause you know, those Tuesday nights tend to get crazy. Right. [By the way, why does 6th Street seem so much further when it's fucking freezing outside???] We stopped by SoHo, got another shot and drink [I've been so spoiled by the good liquor at Rain that well drinks are just plain boo-boo]. As we're trying to make our way to Aquarium/Library/Treasure/Agave/etc, we get stopped by our old friend, Paul. Paul used to be the bouncer at Exodus, and he used to ALWAYS let us in with an armband back when we were still underage. We love Paul. Anyway, he's working at Darwin's now, and he told us he'd buy us a drink if we went in. (and hey, who can pass up a sale, son?). Tuaca bombs for everyone! We ended up staying the rest of the night because A.) It was cold and I didn't want to go outside, and B.) We met some really fun people... like:

- The two guys from Canada (or Canadia, as Phuong likes to call it) who are playing for a hockey team in Amarillo. AMARILLO! Who the fuck plays hockey there?! Tragic.
- C.J. (or J.C., or T.S., or A.J., as Phuong likes to call him) - the guy who owns the bar who kept taking shots with us.
- Ben - the guy who said to Phuong, "You don't look a day over 30." Bitch.


Tammy Tuaca! Haha.


My favorite. :)

Good laughs, watching Phuong be mean to all the guys there, and a few shots later - we decide it's time to go home. Right as we got back, yours truly christened Phuong's apartment complex by throwing up everything she had to eat that night. Man, I bet those plants will grow much stronger and prettier now.

After eating our usual midnight snack (spring rolls and miso soup - yum!), we fell asleep while watching Anastasia, (by "we", I really mean I passed out in the first 5 minutes of the movie, and Phuong stayed up for an additional 2 hours) just like old times. Felt kinda nauseous this morning... but nothing a little Buffet Palace couldn't fix! And boy, was it delicious.

Ahh. Fun times. I miss my roommate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tuaca Tammy. I love it! Miss you.

Anonymous said...

So I just called you. Please disregard my message as I was just babbling. Oh, and it was me that called - I think I forgot to leave my name and number (because, you know, it has been YEARS since we have talked and I fear you may have forgotten who I am...)

Anonymous said...

maybe that will be me and you tomorrow cept i don't know too many bars here. hahaha. let me know. i'll be at a fashion show at 630pm and we can go out afterwards!!!

and wow you and phuong look uber wastey face in that picture! hehehehehhe. miss it!