Thursday, March 26, 2009

My life has made a complete 180 in this last year since I stopped writing. When I moved home, I left the Austin Tammy behind. You know that motto, "Work hard, play hard"? Well, my motto was pretty much, "Work hard, play until you almost die". Yes, my time spent in Austin was amazing - filled with fond memories and the incredible people I shared them with. But if you ask me, "Do you miss Austin?" I'd have to say "No". My life revolved around drinking, drugs, and poor choices, and I felt like I was heading into a downward spiral a la Lindsey Lohan.

When I moved back to Nashville, I became reacquainted with an old friend whom I hadn't talked to in years (which is kind of a funny story that I'll save for another day). What started out as a mere rekindled friendship, blossomed into a full-blown relationship. I quickly fell head-over-heels, madly-movie-style, CRAZY in love with him, and he, in return, saved my life.

Cheesy, I know. But it's true.

I used to fill the emptiness I felt in my life with bad influences, but I finally feel complete now. He inspires me to be a better person, and I want to make him happy for the rest of his life. I see an abiding future with him, and it's beautiful.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Hey Tammy! Glad to see you're back. I've missed your blogging. Glad to hear things are going well with you. :)

senny said...

I, too, have missed your writing. Even if the font color is pink - I try to look past it, and take in all the colors you use within your writing. <--- wow, I thought of that all by myself.

Anyway, it makes me want to gag myself to hear that you have found someone that completes you. But finger down throat and all, I am happy for you.

It was the Tennessee Tammy, after all, that I initially fell in love with. Miss you.

fungwhen said...

Ok, It wasn't ALL about "drinking, drugs and poor choicest".. Well I hope that's not all that you remembered when you think of Austin. But yes, with time things change and people change and looks like you have for the better. Just don't change too much and be so lame that you won't even keep in touch..that goes for me as well.

Can't wait to see you in may!