Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I had a conference call with the rest of my district this morning at 8am. It was about "Juicy Math".

The breakdown is this:

Find your "Juicyest" hours in the day (basically the hours with the most potential to sell, not just the hours with the most foot traffic), and find ways to maximize your profits. They want us to increase our transactions through ADT and conversion, and to make most of our plan in just those few hours.

Our "Juicyest" hours are 12p-2p and 3p-5p. They want us to be fully staffed during these hours, and make sure that NO ONE is doing any tasking. They want us to sell and engage ALL customers in hopes of upping our number of transactions.

I get why they're doing this, but at the same time, I think it's really stupid. One of the other managers on the call said, "Well, shouldn't EVERY hour be your Juicyest hour?" Why do we need to designate a few hours of our day to really focus on the client... shouldn't we be doing that anyway, no matter what time it is? Why are certain hours of the day more important than others?

Yesterday, for instance - we were completely DEAD during our "Juicyest" hours - thankfully, I was still able to get a few customers to make purchases, but it was still no where near our plan. But between 5p-6p, we did over $1000. Obviously, the "Juicyest" hours are going to vary from day to day. Also, it would be a complete waste of payroll to have our stock associates out on the floor, selling to the few customers that walk in our doors, when they have 60 boxes to process, or a 500 unit transfer to complete. I just think this whole concept is ridiculous.

I love the store I work for - but sometimes, I think I'm definitely ready for something new. Somewhere without absurd lingo and unreal expectations.

I can't wait to open my own store.

1 comment:

senny said...

Don't you just fucking love retail?