Thursday, August 27, 2009

I'm in such a good mood. And it's all because of nice people.

My first client who came in today, just so happens to be one of my favorites. She is absolutely LOADED, but you'd never be able to tell because she is one of the kindest, and genuinely nicest people I've ever worked with. A couple months ago, she was bucked off her horse when she was horse-back riding, and she broke her sternum, a few ribs, wrist, and punctured her lungs. You'd think with an accident like that, she'd be in no shape to be out of bed, much less shopping for that matter. But a mere two weeks later, she was in Juicy, in a full on neck/back brace looking to do a little retail therapy. Since then, I've helped her numerous of times and we would always end up chatting for almost an hour. Today, she came in, and told me that she was really disappointed because she thought she'd be able to get out of her brace this week, but her doctor told her she has to be in it for one more month. I helped her pick out some clothes, and we started talking per usual. Before she left, she said, "Tammy, I hope you never leave Juicy."

:) :) :) :) :)

Times like this remind me of why I'm in retail in the first place.

Later in the day, I helped a customer over the phone. She lives in Maryland, but she wanted to send her daughter a gift for her birthday in New York. She was freaking out because her daughter's birthday was tomorrow, and she wasn't able to find anything last minute. I reassured her that we'd be able to pick something out. After about 10 minutes of suggesting ideas to her, we decided on this beautiful teal velour tracksuit. I promised her that I would ship it next-day air, and her daughter would get it on her birthday. She was like, "Tammy, I love you! You rock! Thank you so much, you've totally made my day." She told me that she would be calling me from now on to do send sales for her.

I love making people happy. I also love it when people show appreciation and gratitude. Yes, I know that servicing people is my job, but it's always nice when my work does not go unnoticed. If you're nice to me, I will be damn sure that you get the best customer service possible, and I will do pretty much whatever it takes to get you want you want. All you have to do is be nice!

Not to mention, nice people make my day too.

I'm laying on Jason as I'm typing this while he's playing his Diablo 2, and kitty is laying on me while purring loudly into my ear. We're one big pile of happy. :)



No comments: