Tuesday, January 21, 2014

New Year... New Blog?


I thought about just starting fresh but it was just so hard for me to give this (and 1000+ posts) up. So here I am... Trying to start writing again. You'll have to bear bare bear with me because it's been entirely too long since I've tried to translate my thoughts into words.


Truthfully, I wanted to start writing again to chronicle my (mis?)adventures in pregnancy. Whhhhatttt? Yes, it's true! Jason and I are expecting our first child in late July. This is as crazy sounding to me as I'm sure it is for you. I'm sure if you go back far enough on this blog, you'll find something about my disdain for children and affinity for dead baby jokes. What a few years (or 10) can do for you.


I'm about 13 weeks and 2 days into my pregnancy. I'm not showing yet, unless you count that double cheeseburger I had for lunch as a baby bump. I'm actually looking forward to getting fat and buying maternity clothes with no one judging me (uhmm, jeans with an elastic waist-band? Count me in!).


I've been feeling pretty good too. I've yet to experience the dreaded morning sickness though I do get waves of nausea every now and then. I've read that women can get morning sickness in their 2nd or even their 3rd trimester so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it never comes. I also heard on the radio this morning that Kelly Clarkson, who's pregnant with a baby girl, is throwing up almost a dozen times a day. I'd feel bad for her, but she also makes millions of dollars so... suck it up, Kelly.


I got sick about a week ago. I thought for sure it was the flu (which was BALLS because I actually got the flu shot this year) but it turned out to be some viral bullshit infection. I couldn't eat for about 5 days (which would have been GREAT had I not been trying to sustain another life). I got my appetite back a few days ago but now everything tastes funny. I'm not sure if it's the aftermath of me getting sick, or if it's just a pregnancy thing. Sweets are TOO sweet, some things taste bitter when they shouldn't, and I constantly have a weird taste in my mouth. I hope this goes away soon.


My biggest concern right now is that I'm having surgery tomorrow morning. The same day the doctor discovered I was pregnant, she also found a cyst on my right ovary. This one's a doozy too... 13 centimeters long (that's a little over 5 inches for us American who don't get the metric system). I had the same surgery 2 years ago for the same thing and everything turned out fine then, so I'm feeling pretty good about it this time around. There's always a small chance for a miscarriage anytime surgery is involved, but I'm staying positive because I have an amazing doctor who I know will do everything she can to keep me and the baby safe. Happy thoughts and prayers sent our way are still appreciated though!

No comments: