Thursday, April 24, 2003

So you know how I was talking about the song response for English? Well, Molly decided to do hers on Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On", and was nice enough to send it to me so I can share it with the rest of you. Yay!

My Heart Will Go On and On and On...
This song means a lot to me, because it shows eternal love, or true love at least, which is something I definitely want to experience one of these days. It shows the love that no matter what is to ever happen, one would always see his true love whenever he decided to close his eyes and go to sleep. If one can get past the cheesiness of this song, then it can be seen as truly sweet to know that no matter what happens, the love would still be there, and that even though the love was only there momentarily, it will last for a lifetime.
This movie came out my sixth grade year, and my brother, sister, and I used to make fun of the song every Sunday afternoon on Casey Kasem’s Top Fifty Countdown. It turned out to be ironic when I went on a cruise my seventh grade year. I was a little scared to go, but then I figured that my ship would be so high-tech that we could avoid the icebergs a little better, and plus, I was a little girl, so I had dibs on the lifeboat. Well, as I was on that cruise, I met a boy named Jake Dodson. He was an interesting character, and judging by the looks of him, he looked like one of the guys that would be in Seventeen magazine, or Bop. I never thought that he and I could relate considering we were from different sides of the track, and I was kind of involved with another boy, Caleb Lockley. Well, after not too long with Jake, I thought that I was meant for him. The first few days were so romantic. We went to the top deck, and the front of the boat and let the air blow our hair every direction imaginable, as he would yell "I am the president of the world!" It was funny, as well as made him more attractive to me. After a few days, the worst of all things happened while Jake and I were swimming in the pool on the ship. We were playing on our fun noodles (those pool toys that are shapped like… well… noodles) and all of a sudden, he said he was really cold, and started to drown. I didn’t know much of what else to do, so I went to the side of the pool, got out, and held his hand. I then told him that I would never let go, and rather than tell the lifeguard standing next to me to help, or even telling him that the water was only four feet deep, I kind of just pushed him down. It was fun for a while, until I realized that I would never be able to slum anymore with a poor boy. I got over it pretty quick. What upset greatly was when his little sister began to stalk me. This is when I had to join the witness protection program, and my name changed from Daisy to Molly. It upset me the most that his sister came after me, because he told me that he had no family, which showed that he lied to me. That is when I was glad that little hoebag died.
It’s nice to have memories like that, that I can remember just by hearing a terrible voice singing a terrible song. Of course now all I have to really remember that summer by is this ugly puka shell necklace that was given to me. I was tempted to throw it in the ocean when I went on another cruise, but I wasn’t sure how original that would be, and it wouldn’t make too much sense either. That was a mighty expensive puka shell.

Molly, you are my hero. Seriously.

No comments: