Thursday, May 29, 2003

Good morning!

I just got home from my friend Emma's farm that's about an hour and half away out in the middle of nowhere. Yeah... I only stayed there for 7 hours, but hey! It was worth it because I was with the girls. And of course, the one night that we decided to camp out was the one night that it decides to rain. We had a campfire going and everything... But yeah, we had to grab everything and run into the house to avoid getting soaked. So... no camp out. Granted, the tents were kinda leaky and the stains were disgusting (or as Emily would like to call them, "period stains"), and I don't like doing "outdoors-y" stuff like camping out, but I thought it would have been at least pretty interesting. And I'll know never to go back to Emma's farm again.

Sharing a not-so-big bed with two other girls is not comfortable, especially when you're sleeping in the middle. My back hurts like a bitch now. I also scared myself awake at 4:30 after only two hours of sleep. Did I mention that Emma's farm is haunted? Sure it's extremely beautiful during the day, but the whole place is creepy as hell at night. And after hearing those ghost stories (which I completely believe because Emma is not the type of person to make stupid shit up) last Halloween, I couldn't sleep right last night. So I woke up staring out the window, and I could have sworn that I saw some blurry bright thing move. And when I closed my eyes, I could tell the room got dark again. Maybe I put silly thoughts into my head, or maybe not. Who knows? But I definitely could not fall asleep again after that. Carly, Heather, and I left at around 6:30. We saw lots of wild turkeys on the road home.

Yes. Turkeys. I gobbled at them each time we passed some. It was fun. We also saw a yellow road sign that said "CHURCH"... I wonder what that's supposed to suggest.

Alright... I'm gonna go try to do something to keep me awake because if I fall asleep now, I'll get back on that horrible sleeping schedule. Must. Stay. Awake.

And to my favorite Molly... wish you could have been there last night. We missed you and we hope you're feeling better. =)

No comments: