Thursday, July 24, 2003

I've had issues with my old computer. I got it near the end of summer last year because the one before that got fried during a lightening storm. If you didn't already know, I used to like keeping my computer on for a few days at a time and would just turn off the monitor instead. However, after only a couple months of becoming aquainted with that computer, the monitor button broke [Exhibit A]. I remember that day being Friday the 13th. When I came home, anxious to see if I had any new e-mails, I pushed my monitor button to turn it on, only to hear a horrible cracking noise. After an "oh shit!", I realized that the button was stuck. I tried to pry it around but to no avail. The damn button wouldn't budge. I tried to figure out how it got that way when I hardly pushed it to begin with. I tried to break my computer apart with my head out of frustration.

I got back from Austin a couple days ago only to find that my broken monitor button now had a matching friend: a broken tower button [Exhibit B]. My mom told me that she tried to turn the computer on when I was gone (since I actually turned it off before I left) but it just kept making this terrible beeping noise. She left it on for a while hoping that the noise would stop but when it wouldn't, my mom decided to take matters into her own hands. When she pushed the button again to turn the computer off, she experienced a noise not unlike the one from when the monitor button broke. So now I have a computer that won't turn on, and a monitor that won't turn off. Great.

I got this laptop just in time, huh? Let's just hope that this one won't make me want to chew through my own arm like the other ones did.

No comments: