Wednesday, September 24, 2003

My friend kindly informed me yesterday during my Economics class that the classroom we were in was the same classroom in which Kevin Spacey taught in the movie, The Life of David Gale. She also told me that the seat I was in was the same one that Berlin sat in during the classroom scene. Now all I have to do is seduce and make my professor have hardcore sex with me and then claim rape afterwards. Hurrah!

Which shouldn't be too hard seeing how my professor is a woman and all...

So anyway, you guys want to hear something funny?

I'm pledging for a sorority!

No, I'm not kidding. And yes, I'm just as shocked about this as most of you are.

I never thought that I would be the "sorority type" but I decided to rush a couple weeks ago just for the hell of it. I can meet some people and probably even get some free stuff out of it. And you know how I'm all about free stuff. So I rushed. And I *did* meet people and get free stuff. But I also realized that everything I had ever known, every bad stereotype about sororities, this one was the exact opposite. Since it's so small and new, I found it to be less of a "sorority" than a "club". A club of really nice girls who share similar interests, cultures, and backgrounds. Did I mention that it's an Asian interest sorority? Seeing how most of my friends from high school are Caucasian (not that it's a bad thing, of course), I thought that it might not be a bad idea to meet some more Asian people.It's also very laid back, and it's not all about parties and frat guys. So I'm giving this sorority thing a shot. Who knows? Maybe I'll end up hating it and drop out. But hopefully it'll be a really rewarding experience and I'll end up with some really great friends instead.

Oh my God, what have I gotten myself into?

So. Congratulations to my ASR Zeta class pledge sisters: Julie, Vivian, Phuong, Janice, and Denise. We get to be Greek Geeks together. =)

No comments: