Monday, September 22, 2003

Ohgoodnessmyohme, it is already Monday. How is it that weekends go by so fast while weekdays go by so slow? I vote that we have three-day weekends, every weekend to balance things out. I mean, you're still working more than you are not working, but you're getting more rest and everyone will be happier and we will finally have world peace. I should be the king of everything.

As you contemplate what life would be like when I take over... I'd like to take some time and do a little somethin' somethin' otherwise known as the Friday Five:

1. Who is your favorite singer/musician? Why? Aww but I have so many! I'm definitely still a big fan of Dave Matthews (even though they sold out, I know). I'm excited about their new CD coming out this Tuesday.

2. What one singer/musician can you not stand? Why? Avril Lavigne. Mainly because she... what's that word... oh yeah... sucks.

3. If your favorite singer wasn't in the music business, do you think you would still like him/her as a person? I don't think so. I'm a fan of Dave Matthew's music because he and the people in his band are really talented musicians. But they're always drunk, so... I don't think I could like him much if he didn't put out such great music.

4. Have you been to any concerts? If yes, who put on the best show? Yeah, I've been to a few concerts. And of course I would have to say that Dave puts on the best shows. He's really good live. Weezer and Bare Naked Ladies were both pretty good as well. I need to start going to more concerts now I am in the "Live Music Capital".

5. What are your thoughts on downloading free music online vs. purchasing albums? Do you feel the RIAA is right in its pursuit to stop people from dowloading free music? I used to burn all of my CDs, and am now just starting to buy them instead. I think it's good to, you know, "support the artists", but I think that if I just wanted to download a couple of songs here and there just to listen to them, then I shouldn't have to worry about getting my ass sued. I'm a broke college student! I don't have the money to buy every single CD that I want, especially if I only want to hear one song from it.

So it was a good weekend for football (ha! You never thought that I would ever talk about football, did you?). Titans, Tennessee, and Texas won. Texas better have won after that humiliating loss to Arkansas last week. Ugh. It hurts just thinking about that. Is it weird hearing me talk about sports? Hrm. It should be.

Anyway, I better go to bed now. I just spent all night in the study lounge reading about the wonders of economics. Cause it's fun, see? You kids take care now. Nighty night.

No comments: