Friday, July 30, 2004

My first time clubbing in Nashville was... interesting, to say the least. But, Lindsey, Lindsey's friend (I know her name, but I won't butcher it by trying to spell it out), Sarah, Emily, and I had a good time at Hurricanes nonetheless.

Highlights:

  • When Lindsey's friend's college ID didn't work so they had to go back home to get her passport.
  • "There's 3 guys over there, and there's 5 of us. Each one of us can have two! Wait... that's not right."
  • Dancing on stage just isn't the same when I don't have Miss KelliKelli grabbing my belt loops, grinding up on me, and pinning me against the wall.
  • Forget going to the gym. I burn more calories trying to squeeze through the massive crowds than I ever will on that goddamn elliptical machine.
  • Yay for free cover on Thursday nights!
  • Opened-shirt guy, big scary black guy, crazy stalker guy, and "I think I love you" guy are my favorite characters of the evening.
  • Are guys turned on by sweaty girls? Cause, ew.
  • Just to set the record straight, I, nor none of my friends, are named "baby", "sexy", or "cutie".
  • Hurricanes plays pretty decent music. I only heard one song repeated all night. And it wasn't Usher's "Yeah!".
  • God must hate us for dancing the way we did to Kirk Franklin's "Stomp". [FYI - It's a gospel song.]
  • For any of you who are considering going there - Make sure to keep your drinks covered since this club likes to spray confetti at unsupecting times. Drinking pink and yellow shreds of crepe paper isn't that fantastic.
  • "Penny beers? Ohmygod. That means... you can get... a hundred beers for a dollar!!!"
  • Sarah totally wins at the popularity game.
  • I sweat so much that I felt like I had jumped into a swimming pool fully dressed. Yeah, that's gross, I know.
  • Thank God for girlfriends when you need them to rescue you from creepy guys who can't take "no" for an answer.

    Ah. Good times. Same time, same place, next Thursday, ladies? [Emma - this means you have to come next week too, drunkie.]

    [Edit]
    Repercussions of last night: My legs are sore, my throat burns, and my head is still pounding. Signs of a good night, if I do say so myself.

  • No comments: