Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Rain, rain, go away.

Or at least rain enough so that classes get cancelled tomorrow, yes?

Things that keep me awake at 2:48 in the morning...

I am flying back to Nashville next Wednesday. You have no idea how much I am looking forward to this. I'm so homesick. I miss my mom, I miss my friends, I miss my bed, I miss the roads, I miss Southern hospitality, I miss the trees, I just miss everything about it. Y'know, if you were to tell me that I would be missing Nashville as much as I do now two years ago, I would have laughed in your face.

But I guess you don't truly appreciate something until you don't have it anymore.

I've been thinking about the life I had back in high school lately. I miss it too. I guess I just had everything going for me. Things were simple, I was kicking ass in school, I had a boyfriend whom I was madly in love with, I hung out with great friends, I had a steady job, my mom was beginning to let go. Life was perfect. And now, I guess I just feel lost. I don't know what I want to do with myself, and I don't know where I'm heading. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy here, but... it's just not the same.

Maybe this is why I love being in Nashville so much. Everytime I'm back, all the good memories come rushing back, and for those few days, I feel like I'm just... home.

Or maybe it's because there's no Hardee's here in Texas, and I really want one of their Monster Thickburgers. 107 grams of fat and 1,420 calories?? I can't wait to get my hands on this individually-wrapped, pre-packaged death.

And Texas - you need a Hardee's. Now.

Anyway, I think I shall be going to bed now, for I must be able to wake up tomorrow morning to stand around and look pretty pass out fliers.

Sigh.

I leave you with the best compliment I've received in a while:

S e h n E 13: you make boring seem FUN

No comments: