Thursday, July 7, 2005

Today, I cried.

I felt the tears stream down my face as I read about the attacks on London's subway system:

Witnesses described the horror of seeing victims dying and with serious injuries. There were scenes of panic as power failed on crowded underground trains, and tunnels filled with smoke.

"We were all trapped like sardines waiting to die," said Angelo Power. "I honestly thought I was going to die, as did everyone else."

"There were bodies everywhere. Heads and bits of bodies, heads and arms and legs all ripped away."


It makes me question humanity and wonder just what the hell this world has come to. It makes me so sad to know that there are actually people out there who think that it is okay for them to hurt and kill people the way they did. But what's even more depressing is knowing it has to take something as extreme as these bombings to awaken the rest of us to the reality of such hate and ignorance.

How long will it be before this event becomes whittled away into a distant memory? We become so consumed in our own lives and problems that we never stop to think that there are thousands, if not millions, of others who have it 100 times worse than we do. Does it really have to take the death of 37 people for us to realize that?

What happened todsy was a brutal reminder of just how cruel and despicable mankind really is.

I pray for those injured from the attacks. I pray for the friends and families of those who lost their lives. I pray that justice will be served to those who cause this. And above all, I pray for humanity.

No comments: