Sunday, August 21, 2005

I'm staying at my brother's for the next few days seeing how my apartment is kind of lonely and smells like dirty animals.

I'm wide awake right now after taking a 2 hour nap this afternoon after work. I don't know how I was able to go through work this morning after my little rendenzvous with the goddamn cockroach that kept me up until 5:30am.

Anyway, now that I've been back in Austin for a full week, I find it only appropriate to talk about the fabulous three weeks I spent back at home in Nashville. Of course, I do this for my sake, so I can always look back and remember just how much fun I've had this summer.

:D


  • I hung out with people whom I never thought I'd see again after we graduated two years ago. And I definitely wish I had known them better in high school since I had so much fun with them over the course of 3 weeks.
  • I went kayaking for the first time with Joe, Ben, and Seth. And I was the only one who flipped over. Yeah, cool, guys, real cool.
  • Chris's birthday party was awesome. The 45 minute drive out to Murfreesboro was definitely worth it when I got to surprise Chris and Shiwon. Actually no, it was worth going just to see a drunk Brett passed out in the bathtub.
    If only this picture could depict the smell...

  • Using Tom's status as the assistant manager for Regal Cinemas proved to be efficent seeing how he got me into movies for free. Woo!
  • One of the things I miss most about Nashville is the coffee shops. Nothing quite compares. Fido, Bongo, and Coco's - you all have been my 2nd homes. And I think I'd almost prefer card games with coffee now, over card games with alcohol. Ah yes, I shall never forget our many rounds of Rummy, the slappy game, Spades, ERS, Shithead, 10:30, Speed, Go Fish, and Hearts.
  • "Party at Janine's!" Haha, Ben - I love you, even though you fail at hooking up with girls. Or one girl in particular. Sigh. You disappoint me. But thanks for letting us party it up at... NOT YOUR HOUSE.
    Ben - you're my hero.

  • The Korean finger slapping game - oh my fucking God. Why do I always insist on playing this game when I'm under the influence? Why do I do it when I know I'm going to get owned severly? Hrm. Well, thanks Schmoopie, for playing with me and popping the blood vessels in my arms.
  • I've never driven a car until it was completely out of gas before. Now I can say I have. Right when I pulled into the garage, the car shut down. Man, I'm awesome. But hey, in my defense, it was a huge SUV that ate up the $20 bucks I put into it within 2 days, and I was broke. But yeah, thank you so much Benjamin for bringing me gas - you're a lifesaver.
  • I haven't been to Dancin' in the District since they started charging for the tickets (what is that nonsense anyway?), but I'm so glad I got a chance to go see John Legend. He was amazing. And sexy, to boot.
    See that tiny dot playing on the piano? YEAH THAT'S HIM!Mmm. Yummy.

  • I didn't think people would be as into late-night swimming as I, but boy was I wrong. And believe you me, swimming sober is almost as fun as swimming drunk. Good times.
  • I finally got to see Emily's brother's band play. They're really good. Man, I've missed live music... which is funny seeing how I'm in the "live music capital". Damnit, let's go to some concerts this year.
  • And how can I leave out our beloved Ken's Karaoke? The 4 nights I've spent there, I got shmammered and did things like: sing karaoke, turn up the volume in my car and dance in the parking lot, rack up a $56 bar tab, drink the grossest drink, ever - Sparks, told a guy I had a crush on him in high school, drink Coors (ew), play "Penis or Vagina" and losing miserably, and of course, telling people I loved them.
  • To my dearest Tom, Chris, Brian, the Stephens, Mollsey, Dave, JB, Sam, Andrew, Ethan, Shiwon, David, Ben, Joe, Seth, and of course, my favorite Lindsey and Emily (Emma - you suck) - thanks for making the three weeks I spent in Nashvile amazing, and making me almost drop out of UT Austin so I can move back home. Fuckers.

    I think the reason why I love being at home so much is because all the memories and fun I've had there have been innocent - from middle school with Sivan and Lauren, to high school with the girls, I know that it was all genuine. None of it was tainted with drugs, sex, or alcohol. Sure, my friends and I like to go out and drink together now, but we can have just as much fun play cards at Bongo Java for 3 hours straight. I feel like I can't really do that in Austin, since everything's so centered around drinking and the party scene. Which is great, mind you, but every now and then, I'd like to just go to a coffee shop/park/playground/swimming pool and talk for hours instead.

    Us outside of Ken's - we were supposed to make retarded smiling faces but I copped out.Us at the John Legend concert... and who's that other guy? Haha, I kid, Seth. You know I love you.These mens are awesome.Me and Emily at the JL concert.Me and Lindsey.


    Christmas break, guys?

  • No comments: