Wednesday, February 1, 2006

I finally uploaded my Radio.blog tonight. I've had a least 3 (out of 6!) of my loyal readers tell me that they actually like my little radio over there to your right. So I'm gonna keep that up there from now on, and never speak of the atrocity that is a "Tagboard" ever again.

If you could care less about my awesome music, then move along. But if you're cool, which I know you are, here's a run-down of my playlist.

VHS or Beta - You Got Me: They sound like a mix of The Cure, Depeche Mode, and Daft Punk, if that's possible. I had a hard time choosing one song off their "Night on Fire" CD cause the whole album is really good.

Fiona Apple - Tymps (The Sick in the Head Song): Yay! Fiona (we're on a first-name basis now) finally released an album that could match up to Tidal. This is my favorite song solely for the line, "The red isn't the red we painted, it's just rust". By the way, do you know what a Tymps is?

Talib Kweli - Just to Get By (Remix): It's like the original, only better because it's got Kanye.

Nine Inch Nails - All the Love in the World: God. Marry me, Trent Reznor.

Damien Rice - Volcano: I can't get over how incredible this man's voice is. Shit, he could be talking about wanting fuck the eye-socket of my rotting corpse for all I care, and it would still sound amazing.

The Shins - Caring is Creepy: I like how I can't understand a damn word he's singing, but can still love it everytime J.Crew plays this song (which is a lot, mind you) on our stereo. Plus, it reminds of one of my favorite movies - Garden State.

John Legend - I Can Change: John Legend makes playing piano HOT. And it's got Snoop D-O-Double-Gizzle, which makes it 10 times hotter.

The Postal Service - Recycled Air: Yeah, yeah, everyone knows I love The Postal Service. Surprise!

Phoenix - If I Ever Feel Better: David Lee sent me this song awhile back. Listening to it puts me in a good mood. Which is ironic because the lyrics aren't supposed to.

Ben Folds - Gone: Another Ben Folds song, because no other musician makes me wish I still played the piano more than this man right here.

Jamie Foxx - Extravaganza: So I typically have an utter disdain for R&B music, but this little punk-ass that goes by the name of Mike Levy, sent me this CD. Since then, I've transformed into a fuckin' pussy who listens to lovey-dovey bullshit like this. But in all seriousness, it actually *is* a good song. And he gives props [be it a one-night-stand or not] to girls from Tennessee. Woo!

Weezer - Tired of Sex: Too bad I'm not.

Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl (Remix): Yeah, I know. This song is so last year. But it's a good remix and you won't be disappointed, I promise. Besides, we all know you're not sick of B-A-N-A-N-A-S quite yet.

Jack Johnson - Banana Pancakes: I actually downloaded this song because I thought the name was cute [not unlike how I buy certain foods because I think the packaging is cute]. But the song is actually just as adorable as the name itself! OMGLOLO!!!1! No really, lookit:
"But baby, you hardly even notice
When I try to show you
this song It's meant to keep you
From doin' what you're supposed to
Like wakin' up too early
Maybe we could sleep in
I'll make you banana pancakes
Pretend like it's the weekend now"

Wahhh! I want to sleep in and eat banana pancakes and pretend it's the weekend too! Uhmm... Mike?

My Chemical Romance - The Ghost of Me and You: Hah. It's my one bad mainstream/TRL/radio song. I pretend to hate shit like this, but deep down, I'm actually pretty fucking emo. Excuse me while I cut my arms while bitching about my sad and pathetic existance on LiveJournal now.

Cassie - Me and You (Wait Remix): Little Steve sent me this last week and I still can't stop listening to it. I can't help but secretly enjoy the Whisper Song, so how can I not secretly enjoy this as well?

That's that. Jesus, I'm boring. I have nothing else to talk about except for music?? Boooo.

And to Danny - I blame you for my compulsive downloading behavior now. I dedicate this playlist to you.

No comments: