Monday, January 28, 2008

After 4 years of incessant nagging, my high school girlfriends (and Mike, who was one of the girls) finally flew out to Austin to come visit me. And I think the amount of fun we had in a short few days should be considered illegal. Anyway, I could go into long stories of the festivities that went down, or I could give you...


My Weekend Re-Cap [Top 5 Edition]


Events
1. When I didn't think Mike and Emma would make it in on Thursday night because their flights got delayed. But everyone made it into Austin safe and in one piece.
2. When Mike somehow wandered into Phuong's roommate, Enkrii's, room in the middle of the night, STOLE HER BLANKET OFF OF HER, and passed out on her floor. Phuong and I woke up to Enkrii standing in the middle of Phuong's room saying, "Uhm. Mike's asleep on my floor. And he took my blanket." FYI, Mike and Enkrii don't know each other.
3. Seeing Emma and Lindsey get completely obliterated. An Austin trip wouldn't be complete if you didn't get completely fucked up and waking up the next morning regretting the night before.
4. Getting a room with an awesome view at the Radisson Hotel on Cesar Chavez and being able to walk to 4th.
5. Being reunited with another high school friend of mine, Nathan. He and I had classes together Junior and Senior year of HS, but we never kept in touch after we graduated. Emma did and called him to come out with us on Saturday night. He moved to Austin about 4 months ago and now he works at... where else, J.CREW. He's been a few stores down from me for 2 months and I never knew. Small world.

Food
1. Bratwurst from 6th Street after a night of severe drinking.
2. Hot wings and cheese fries from Pluckers.
3. Chips and queso from Trudy's.
4. Pad Thai from Thai Passion.
5. My cookie from Whole Foods.

Quotes
1. "How do stairs work? Do they move, or do I move?" -Emma, attempting to walk up the 3 flights of stairs to Phuong's apartment.
2. "The South will rise again!!!" -Emma, to some strangers in a bar on 6th Street.
3. "I just want a booty call." -Sue, after coming home drunk at 4 in the morning.
4. "I need a cup of water. But I don't have a bra." -An inebriated Emma, as if a cup of water and a bra go hand-in-hand.
5. "I'm gonna drink Heinekens and Jager Bombs all fuckin' night. Jager Bomb. Jager Bomb. Jager Bomb..." -Lindsey (whilst drunk in Cuba Libre, to herself) making fun of this guy.

Pictures
1.
All of my favorite girls together. [L to R: Phuong, Karol, Emma, Me, Molly, Lindsey]
2.
Because Mike's a motherfuckin' P-I-M-P.
3.
Seriously? The best picture of Lindsey, ever.
4.
Jumping on hotel beds is flippin' sweet.
5.
I absolutely love this candid picture of Molly and Nathan... And then, you have Lindsey and Emma making ridiculous faces as bookends.

[The rest of the pictures can be found: Here, here, and here.]

To Emma, Lindsey, Molly, and Mike - thank you for an absolutely PERFECT weekend. Words cannot describe how much I love you guys, and how happy I am to have y'all in my life. I can't believe that how much time has passed since we've all graduated, but I'm just glad we've managed to keep in touch after all these years. Thank you, and I hope y'all had as much fun as I did. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that picture of your friend flying onto a bed is so awesome. i want her to have my babies.