Saturday, January 12, 2008

I finally added some new songs to my Radio.Blog over there to the right. And now that I figured out how to take songs off my iPod and onto my PC, I might start updating this thing more. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

I will say though, the songs I have are pretty damn good. Check it:

Bloc Party feat. Peaches - Helicopter (Remix): I love English alternative rock bands. I especially love it when they have been remixed to where they sound like 80's electro. [Original. But it's nowhere as good.]

Erykah Badu - Danger: Can you say, "I've got the block on lock, the trunk stay locked. The gun on cocked, the block stay hot"?

Kelis - 80's Joint: Not your typical "Bossy" or "Milkshake" Kelis. Better.

Nouvelle Vague - In a Manner of Speaking... Love: This cover is so beautiful that it gives me chills. For a French group that only does covers... kudos. [Original. Again, not as good.]

N.E.R.D. - Lapdance: Because well, you can get this lapdance here for free.

Ingrid Michaelson - Die Alone: As pretentious and pompous Juicy Couture is, they actually crank some pretty good tunes. This being one of them. Catchy. But not like Avril Lavigne catchy. That's catchy and bad.

Daft Punk - Harder Better Faster Stronger: Yes, I know that Kanye's sample of this song is still all over the radios, but I used to jam out to this song back in high school. Plus, I don't think Kanye could do this.

Aaliyah - One in a Million (Ciara Remix): This is my favorite Aaliyah song of all time, and this remix is just plain hot.

Britney Spears - Get Naked (I Got a Plan): What?? I had to! I don't care how fucking crazy she is, she can still come out with some good shit that you'd love-to-hate.

Portishead - Roads: Best sex song. EVER. 'Nuff said.

Sea Wolf - You're a Wolf: This is another song from the Juicy soundtrack. I dig it.

The Knife - Heartbeats: Europeans come out with some of the best stuff. This Swedish-pop group also likes to get cute and wear masks in all their concerts. [Jose Gonzalez has a pretty good cover of it too.]

Nine Inch Nails - Just Like You Imagined: This was featured in the 300 trailer, so every time I hear it, I want to walk around yelling, "Madness?! THIS. IS. SPARTAAAAA!!"

M.I.A. - Come Around: Because M.I.A. is the baddest bitch out there (not to mention, incredibly hot and talented as well). And of course, how can you go wrong with Timbaland producing your song?

Young Love - Discotech: Mainly because I just love the line, "You can fake this only if you take this".

Ida Corr feat. Fedde Le Grande: How can I go to a gay club almost every weekend and not put some queeny-ass dance song on here? Anthony made me watch the video after seeing a t-shirt I had of a girl in sunglasses with an afro. Now, it's my official going-to-a-gay-bar anthem.

There you go. Lettme know what you think.

1 comment:

JC said...

+10 for Portishead.

Also for Daft Punk. =)

It's kind of funny how Britney Spears' new album have pervasive electro elements in it and everyone thinks it's the next new trend.