Monday, March 30, 2009

I was going through my old wallets today (I can't even remember why I started doing that in the first place...) and I came across an old Capital One credit card that I hadn't used in 2+ years.

I checked online to see if I could still use it (gotta build up that credit somehow...), only find out that there was still a small balance (like... $50 or something) on the card. That I hadn't paid off in 2+ years.

UH OH.

I quickly called them and tried to get it paid off as quickly as possible. I had accrued like, $200 in interest alone. I explained to them that I thought the card was completely paid off, and so I forgot about it. The number and address they had was really old, so they weren't even able to get a hold of me. Anyway, I was able to get everything taken care of - the person who helped me even knocked off most of the interest.

This just reminds me of that one Futurama episode where Fry remembers he still had an bank account that he opened before he got frozen, thousands of years ago. The 93 cents he had grew into billion of dollars because of interest. Only instead of becoming a billionaire, my credit gets fucked... I guess that's what I get for being stupid... FML.

No comments: