Monday, November 19, 2001

So I just finished reading Dean Koontz's Fear Nothing. It's quite... interesting. I kinda want to read the sequel but if I do that I might be tempted to go on a Koontz frenzy and waste my life away reading suspense fictions with cheesy reviews. But nonetheless, it was a good read. Better than any Melville by all means. Teachers should make you read this crap instead... But if you wanted to read something by good ole Dean, try either False Memory or Hideaway.

While I'm talking about books, let it be known that I hate reading. So any books that I actually read and like, has to be extraordinarily good (in my opinion, anyway). Then again, since I hardly ever read, I don't really have any other books to base the goodness of the book I like on. But. Here are some I really enjoyed (in no particular order):

Dr. Seuss - Green Eggs and Ham
J.D. Salinger - The Catcher in the Rye
Wally Lamb - She's Come Undone
Sam McBratney - Guess How Much I Love You
Amy Tan - The Joy Luck Club
               The Kitchen God's Wife
Shel Silverstein - The Missing Piece
Shakespeare - A Midsummer Night's Dream
                      Othello
Alexandre Dumas - The Count of Monte Cristo
Brian Jacques - Redwall
Anthony Burgess - A Clockwork Orange
Roald Dahl - The BFG
                  The Witches

I can't really think of anymore... even if I did, they're probably gonna be by some author that writes for kids. What? I like kid books! Those are the ones that make you feel warm and fuzzy inside without having to dissect it, trying to find what the themes, figurative language used, symbols, etc., are... Besides, I bet you feel the same way about children's books. Or maybe you just think I'm a freak. Most likely the latter. Oh, and not only do I like children's books, I also love Disney movies. (Go see Monsters Inc.!!!) In fact, I'm listening to the Aladdin soundtrack as we speak. Really, too. Okay. I should go finish up my homework while humming "A Whole New World". (Hi. I'm a dork.)

No comments: