Friday, November 23, 2001

A thing that made me want to punch someone today:

After 4 tortureous hours of practicing for a skit that I'm in and have to compete next Saturday, mom and I drove past 100 Oaks and we're like, "Oh, I know what will help us unwind... shop at T. J. Maxx (which is perhaps my all time favorite store)!" And my mom rarely is actually like, hey I'm gonna buy you clothes, so I had to seize the oppourtunity. Besides, I really needed some jeans and black pants. Anyway. After I got my pants, I was just browsing through the jackets and coats section and I saw a person who works at Maxx put up a coat. And I swear, it was like, love at first sight or something. It was an absolutely beautiful black jacket that came down to my knees with pink lining on the inside. I love pink. I think I melted into that jacket because it fit perfectly and I have been looking everywhere for a jacket like that and I didn't want to take it off once I put it on. So I wore it around for a while until my mom was ready to go to the fitting rooms. Since you are only allowed to bring in 6 items of clothing, I had to leave one thing behind... and since I already knew that this jacket fit, I decided to take it off and bring the other stuff in. And then what I did makes me want to bang my head against the wall over and over again. I left it in the shopping cart. Okay. Tammy. What the hell were you thinking, leaving a gorgeous Guess coat that's less than $35 in a shopping cart unattended the day after Thanksgiving??? I guess you can figure out what happened next. I don't like to keep thinking about it because it just makes me sad. And yeah, if you are a guy, you're probably thinking, "Shut up woman. Get over it, it's just a coat, there are a million other ones out there." To which I would say, "Screw you." This coat was the epitome of perfect coats. And I searched the store high and low to find another one, but to no avail. I am going to think about that jacket for the rest of the week and hit myself every time I do. It's not gonna leave my mind because it... Oooh ice cream! =)

No comments: