Monday, August 25, 2003

Howdy howdy~

I'm at my brother's house right now because I came here to have dinner with Terence and Suzy. Whee! I'm such a bum =)

A roundup of what's happened these past few days:

  • The ride to Austin was long and awful. You know things suck when you've been on the road for 7 hours and then realize that you're not even halfway there...
  • We towed my car, and U-Haul recommened us to go no higher than 45 mph on the interstate. We ended up going around 65 mph because we are total rebels.
  • We were supposed to get here on Friday night, but we couldn't make it until Saturday afternoon. We ended up staying in a motel called the "Italy Inn". Why? I don't know. They really should have called it the "Cricket Inn" since there were crickets EVERYWHERE. My mom squashed about 6 of them in our room and left them on the floor so we had to watch where we were stepping. I was fantastically grossed out.
  • Moving in was actually not too bad, nor did it take too long. What took a long time was me unpacking all my stuff and putting it away.
  • My roomate, Sarah, is really nice. She's rushing though, so I don't get to see her much.
  • I am living on the luckiest floor of all... the 13th. I am the only person on my floor that's from out of state. So special!
  • Our room is small but we managed to make it quite girly and homey. Anyone is welcome to come visit me. And by visit me, I don't mean shop at Urban Outfitters.
  • I met some of my neigbors last night and they all seem pretty cool. They all drink though, but hey, I do go to a school that is ranked 2nd for most beer and hard liquor. Woo! Party on.
  • I spent over 400 dollars today to buy all my textbooks.
  • Classes start on Wednesday and I'm nervous. I might actually have to study now! Eep!
  • I miss my friends and Boy a lot. =(

    And this was from last week...
    1. When was the last time you laughed? 5 minutes ago. I was laughing at my brother's biggidy big head.

    2. Who was the last person you had an argument with? The Mom.

    3. Who was the last person you e-mailed? One of my professors.

    4. When was the last time you bathed? This morning.

    5. What was the last thing you ate? Some chicken lo mein and fried fish that Terence and Suzy made. Yum.

    I'll hopefully be updating more now that I'm here and getting settled in. But I gotta go back to the campus now. Tell me how things are going wherever you are. Okaygoodbye!

  • No comments: