Monday, July 26, 2004

I worked from 11 to 9 today. On 3 hours of sleep. Hungover. It was awesome.
[Reminder to self: Don't EVER do that again.]

I saw King Arthur with Emma, Joe, and Leah after work. The movie was just as bad as I expected. If it weren't for the fact that all the knights were pretty good looking, I might have walked out and watched, oh, I don't know, A Cinderella Story or something.

Just kidding. Hilary Duff can toss my salad.

But I digress. So I was almost bored to tears for the majority of this movie. I laughed outloud at scenes that weren't supposed to be funny. Even Keira Knightley failed to turn me on with all that hideous blue war paint. And hey! Wasn't King Arthur supposed to like, die at the end?

I was never a big fan of the Arthurian legend to begin with, but I would pretty much be willing to watch any other movie about King Arthur than this cinematic turd. I think the only thing that kept me awake through this two-hour snooze-fest was the tiny shred of hope I had for KA and his posse to stumble across the Knights Who Say NI! But yet again, Jerry Bruckheimer disappoints me so.

This movie gets a thumbs down. But Clive Owen gets a thumbs up.

No comments: