Tuesday, October 26, 2004

To my two wonderful step-brothers, Daniel and Stephen,

     My mom called me today and updated me on everything that's been going on in her and your lives lately. Sounds like you two have been just having a grand ole time in Nashville. I'm very glad to hear that you two are doing well.

     Now, something has been brought to my attention and it bothers me to no end, and it is that you two are a pair of ungrateful, rude, and inconsiderate little bastards.

     Who the hell do you think you are? Do you honestly think that your opinions actually mean anything to anyone? Because if you did, then you have been greatly mistaken, my friends. You two are teen-agers, which by definition means that you hold absolutely no bearing in this universe, and anything you say or do is rendered futile and worthless. Seriously, look it up.

     You two of all people should know how to appreciate everything you have. When my dad passed away, I realized that I took so much for granted. I started looking at life differently, I became grateful for everything and everyone, and I thanked the stars for being alive everyday when I woke up. I've realized that life is a precious thing, and it can be taken away from you in a matter of seconds. You never know much something/someone means until it's taken away from you. And when it is, you experience pain and loss, but you also grow from it. You become stronger and wiser. You mature. I thought you two would be able to relate since you've experienced a great loss in your lives as well. But I guess not.

     All you two ever do is bitch and complain about how something isn't good enough, clean enough, or nice enough. Are you out of your fucking mind? Why don't you shut your fucking face and stop and take a good look at yourselves before you even think to open your mouths again? My mom works damn hard to put a roof over your heads, food on the table, and clothes for you to wear. So if you can't even for one second think to thank her for everything she's done, then why don't you try to live on your own and we'll see how long you can last.

     You two are so damn lucky to have what you have. You don't even know. And yet, I have never met two kids who are as self-centered and ungracious as you two. You guys are also incredibly lucky that I don't live at home anymore, otherwise you two would both be eating the floor right now. Mmm, that broccoli you always bitch about will taste fucking delicious after I make you eat gravel.

     I understand that it must be hard adjusting to a life with a new parental unit. I know that my mom nags incessantly about the same things over and over again. I'm not asking that you guys to be perfect little angels because that would just be a lost cause. All I'm asking is for you two to show some damn respect to your elders. That's all.

     Anyway, hope you two are doing well. Good luck with school and everything else! Oh, and if either you ever, ever make my mom cry again, I will tear you a new asshole make you both wish you were never born.

                                   Love, your big sis,
                                             Tammy

No comments: