Saturday, January 1, 2005

Tammy's Top Seven List for 2004


Albums
[Yeah so I realize that none of these CD's actually came out in 2004, but I bought them this year. So sue me.]
  • The Postal Service - Give Up [I love everything about this CD. Everything. Their music makes me genuinely happy.]
  • Missy Elliot - Under Construction
  • Sublime - Greatest Hits
  • Damien Rice - O
  • Dixie Chicks - Home
  • Bob Marley & The Wailers - Legend
  • Sondre Lerche - Faces Down and Two Way Monologue [Yes, I cheated a little and listed two CDs. But they're by the same artist and they're equally amazing, so it's okay, right? And thanks, Molly, for introducing him to me in the first place.]

    Overplayed Radio Songs
  • Snoop Dogg and Pharrell - Drop It Like It's Hot
  • Usher - Yeah [And I'm still not sick of it. Keep it comin', boys.]
  • Ying Yang Twins - Salt Shaker
  • Black Eyed Peas - Hey Mama
  • Maroon 5 - This Love
  • Ciara - Goodies
  • Hoobastank - The Reason [Have you heard my version of this song? It's just as good, I promise (right, Phuong?).]

    Movies
  • Closer
  • Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle [Haha. And you think I'm kidding.]
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
  • The Incredibles
  • Battle Royale [Japanese school girls and boys killing each other in the most graphic and gruesome ways possible? Genius!]
  • Mean Girls
  • Napoleon Dynamite

    Books
  • Chuck Palahniuk - Invisible Monsters
  • Dan Brown - The DaVinci Code
  • Dan Brown - Angels & Demons [Both these books were good. Not life-altering, but incredibly entertaining nonetheless.]
  • Amy Tan - The Bonesetter's Daughter
  • Mitch Albom - The Five People You Meet in Heaven
  • The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - America (The Book): A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction
  • Art Spiegelman - In the Shadow of No Towers [Amazing. 'Nuff said.]

    Events
  • The discovery of Banana Phone.
  • OU weekend in Dallas
  • Spring Break - 6 Flags in Arlington, and then North Carolina.
  • Having my semester "off" and doing absolutely nothing with Stephanietimelikewhoa.
  • Going to Bali and back to Taiwan.
  • ASR throwing two badass parties at Exodus.
  • Meeting new friends. :D

    Gifts
  • This adorable... pink... thing [Thanks, Phuong]
  • Mp3 player [Thanks, parentals]
  • Slang Flashcards [Thanks, Lindsey]
  • My list of Remember When... [Thanks Stephanie]
  • My Mogu [Thanks, Ian], and my FOM [Thanks Momzilla]
  • Bed and down comforter [Thanks again, Momzilla]
  • Gonorrhea. Haha, just kidding. No. Really. I swear.

    Pictures


    RIP, Lumpy.I really like this picture for some reason. Can you tell we're trying to fly?Hahahaha. Oh wow, I will never forget how you got stuck between the wall and the bed for well over 20 minutes. And that face... oh, how I love you.Oh yes, this is where I stayed when I was in Bali. Oh yes, be jealous. [Unfortunately, this is probably covered in 25 feet of water right now.]Haha. Owned. [Sorry, Ralph]Yup. This about sums up my fall '04 semester. [There's a card in between our lips. Just so you know.]Meet Sivan's cat, Gingi. Isn't he cute?


    Quotes
    [Because I couldn't narrow it down to 7...]
  • "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." -George W. Bush
  • "What the hell is wrong with my voice? It won't shut the hell up." - Sivan
  • "Skeet in my mouth from your mouth to Julie's eye." - Me and Vivian
  • sweet tea addict: I don't want today to be independence day, but rather indepedance day, so it kinda means the same thing, but we just dance ALL DAY LONG too
  • "Did perpetual happiness in the Garden of Eden maybe get so boring that eating the apple was justified?" - Chuck Palahniuk
  • "To those critics who are so pessimistic about our economy, I say, Don't be economic girlie men!" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
  • "Is that a MONKEY?? NO! It's a SEAL!!!" Phuong's loud family at 7 in the morning
  • "Heddo? WAT u doing?" - [name undisclosed]
  • S e h n E 13: btw, i like you. you're pretty...even without makeup.


    Goodbye 2004. Hello 2005.

  • No comments: