Saturday, March 26, 2005

[Edit]
So far, Karen has the best Boat Party Xanga entry. Go read it.

ASR had their Spring Crush last night. We had another boat party, only this time it was a late-night one.

When we got to the dock and then onto the boat, the full moon was bright and all the stars were out. Vivian - I think I even saw Mini-Me Dipper. Then, we started drinking and eating our ridiculous amounts of pizza while riding through the gorgeous moon-lit lake. It was an absolutely beautiful night.

For about 30 minutes.

First comes the lightening. Which wasn't that bad because it was actually kind of romantic as some would put it. Then comes the wind. Which wasn't that bad either because the breeze felt really nice.

The comes the storm. AND THE HAIL. OH MY GOD THE HAIL.

So picture this: A group of almost 50 people huddled together in the bottom deck of a boat. All of us wearing life jackets, grabbing onto each other for dear life. Bottles, cups, pizza boxes, chairs, and anything else not secured flying out in every direction. Waves of water splahing onto the sides of the boat. All of us getting drenched and pelted with hail... hard. It was like a scene straight out of The Perfect Storm.

Only better because there were drunk sorority girls in it.

But in all seriousness, I've never felt like my life was in actual danger until last night. I seriously was thinking about how long I could hold my breath under water, whose life jacket I would have to steal, whose body I was gonna eat in case we get stranded and how far I would have to swim to shore just in case the boat tipped over.

And of course, the moment we got back to the dock, the storm passed, the rain stopped, and the clouds parted. I think it was God's cruel punishment for us partying on Good Friday. Speaking of which, why is it called Good Friday when Jesus was nailed to a cross and died for all our sins? But I digress...

Thankfully, aside from a few scuffs from the hail, no one fell out or got injured. And I'm really glad that there was no boat tippage. I do feel bad, however, for the people who lost their purses and belongings due to the storm (but at least we're alive, right?). As for me? My purse got soaked and my phone (which was in it) is now broken. So until I get it fixed, you're just gonna have to deal with IMing me. Not that you ever call me anyway. Bitch.

So yeah, what an insane night. I'm glad we all made it out okay. All in all, I've gotta say that it was the best boat party, EVER. There's nothing quite like thinking you're gonna die to end a night.

To the ladies - I love you guys. Seriously.

To Stephanie - it was good to see you again... drunk. I hope you remember seeing me.

And to Daniel - thanks for braving the storm with me. Like you said yourself, ASR parties are, indeed, crazy.

No comments: