Monday, August 27, 2012

Devon had his 8th birthday party this past Saturday at Dave and Busters. I think he had a great time even though it was a pain in the ass to keep track of him and his 12 friends in the giant arcade area. Most of the parents stayed for the party, but some of them dropped their kid(s) off. Who does that? Are you seriously going to drop your 8 year old off at Dave and Busters by themselves? Note to self: If I ever have kids, his/her party will consist of 5 or less kids and will be held in the comfort of my own house.

Devon won 1000 tickets on one of those light up games because he's got the reflexes of a ninja. Now if only he could apply these skills to baseball...

I didn't take any pictures because I'm a horrible step-parent.

Speaking of being a horrible parent. 3 out of our 7 fish died this past week. RIP Goldie, Tiger Barb #1, and Tiger Barb #2. I'm going back to the aquatic center this afternoon with a sample of our tank water to see what I'm doing wrong. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I don't go home to see the rest of them floating at the top and/or stuck to the filter.



Fun fact: tiger barbs lose their black stripes when they die.

On Saturday evening, Jason invited his parents and some of his friends over for their fantasy football draft. This is the first time Jason has ever done fantasy football so I'm excited to see how he does. I'm rooting for him, of course, but I'm also hoping that my friend, Stephanie will win too. She was at a wedding so she had to leave it on auto-draft, so it'd be pretty awesome if she did well with her computer picks. The stakes are high this year - an awesome trophy with your name on it, and $150 for 1st place, and $50 for 2nd (I think that's right).


Sunday was the laziest Sunday ever (which are the best kind, in my opinion). I slept in, had lunch, came home, took a nap, crocheted, played Plants vs. Zombies (best $1.99 I ever spent on the iPhone), watched Jason play Dead Island, and we ended the night watching Fringe. How could I have been so unproductive and yet feel so fulfilled?

1 comment:

sennyb (remember me?) said...

Remember when I killed my turtles in college...Water evaporates, what?!?!

Oh, and tell Jason he's not getting Doug Martin. Thanks. :)