Thursday, August 30, 2012

I mentioned a few days ago that I lost 20 pounds last summer - how, you might ask?

DIET AND EXERCISE.

Two things that I hate. There is no magical "Lose 10 Pounds" pill or some amazing 48 hour shred. It takes time and hard work and dedication. I'm surprised that I even lasted as long as I did last time (but you know, can't be the fat cousin in Taiwan!!). Going on a diet is truly a lifestyle change - which is difficult for someone whose lifestyle consists of fast food almost every other day, vegging out in front of the TV, NO exercise, and midnight snacks meals. Needless to say, I gained back those 20 pounds and then some after I got back from Taiwan because I stopped everything I was doing. Now I don't look cute in any of my clothes, and even my "fat" jeans are feeling a little tight. Boo hoo.

Well I started my diet again this week, which consists of:

* Cutting my calorie intake to under 1000 net
* Cutting my carb intake to under 30g
* Committing to at least 3 days a week at the gym for a minimum of 45 minutes each day
* Maximum 2 "cheat" meals per week

I also started P90X yesterday and I about died 10 minutes in. I definitely want to continue with it since it focuses on some strength training, and I don't want to pay for a personal trainer.

It sucks. Like, today for lunch, I had 2 turkey patties that I had broiled in the oven. They were gross (might have been better if I just grilled them), and their only saving grace was the fact that I put some tomato basil goat cheese on top.

But if I can keep this up, I'll be looking better by... Christmas. Where I'll be under 4 layers of clothing.

*thinkskinnythinkskinnythinkskinny*


1 comment:

sennyb (remember me?) said...

I'm about to be the shortest and fattest at my cousin's wedding next week. (Seriously.) I never seemed to have time for 'Diet and Exercise.' It was on my to-do list for months, Damnit.