Sunday, January 1, 2006

Tammy's Top Seven List for 2005
Click for 2003 or 2004 lists.


Albums
[I know some of these were released prior to 2005, but I bought them this year because I'm slow.]
  • Gorillaz - Demon Days
  • Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane [Yeah, I know they're mainstream pop, but that doesn't stop me from loving every song on this album... and wanting to do ungodly things to Adam Levine's naked body.]
  • Kanye West - Late Registration
  • Beck - Guero [I still hold firm to my belief that no one can make dancing like a complete moron look so cool quite like this man right here.]
  • Green Day - American Idiot [The first CD I ever owned was "Dookie". 11 years later, Green Day can still kick some fuckin' ass. Amazing."
  • The White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan
  • Carla Bruni - Quelqu'Un M'a Dit [Okay. So Italian-born model + French songs = WIN. This girl has an amazing voice and I kind of want to steal her and keep her in my room so she can sing to me at night. But that's kind of creepy.]
  • Dane Cook - Retaliation [It's not a music album, but this 2-CD set was so good that I had to put it in as a #8. Hilarious shit. I love it.]

    Overplayed Radio Songs
  • Kanye West feat. Jamie Foxx - Gold Digger
  • Kelly Clarkson - Since You've Been Gone [KC is the girl I'd love to hate, but can't. And that's why I crank up the radio everytime this song comes on cause it's just so... good]
  • Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl [I still can't, for the life of me, figure out what the hell a "Hollaback Girl" is, but I still want to get up and dance everytime I hear this song.]
  • Fall Out Boy - Sugar We're Going Down
  • Black Eyed Peas - My Humps. [Just remember when Tammy sent you this song through AIM, telling you how ridiculously bad it was, and how it should be played on the radio.]
  • Mariah Carey - Shake It Off
  • Chris Brown - Run It [Is it bad that I think Chris Brown is totally cute? I mean... How old is 16 really? Phuong - you can back me up on this, right?]

    Movies
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire [How can a year be a good one without a HP movie? And without a doubt, this was the best HP movie thus far.]
  • Sin City [Need I say more?]
  • The 40-Year Old Virgin [If I could choose a favorite scene out of a movie for 2005, it would be the scene where Steve Carell gets his chest waxed. "You look like a man-o-lantern."]
  • Batman Begins
  • King Kong [I wouldn't leave out a beloved Peter Jackson movie... It's just a shame that Dead Alive didn't come out this year.]
  • Crash [This movie evoked so many emotions that it was like my period was condensed into a 2-hour duration.]
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

    Books
  • Arthur Golden - Memoirs of a Geisha [And the movie's not bad either, to boot.]
  • J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince [I still don't want to talk about what happened at the end of the book. It's too soon.]
  • Bernard Goldberg - 100 People Who Are Screwing Up America (And Al Franken Is #37)
  • David Sedaris - Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim
  • Bill Watterson - The Complete Calvin and Hobbes [I spent about 3 hours at Barnes and Noble reading through these. And I almost wanted to walk out of the store with them. So if any of you awesome people out there is willing to purchase it for me (and prevent me from getting arrested), I'll love you forever.]
  • George Carlin - Brain Droppings
  • John Grogan - Marley and Me: Life and Love with the World's Worse Dog

    Events
  • Catching on fire at DKE's Flaming Dr. Pepper night. Because I am so grateful that it wasn't as bad as it could have been. And now I have a sexy scar to show off.
  • June 25th - Again, if you were there, you would know how fuckin' awesome that night was. We should do it again.
  • When Momzilla came to visit me in January because I was depressed, and in June for three weeks, and again for Thanksgiving.
  • Summer 2005 - all 3 ridiculous months.
  • Last night. HAHA. Oh, how I love New Year's Eve parties.
  • Moving in with my favorite at 305.
  • Spring semester boat party where a hail storm almost wiped out an entire sorority.

    Gifts
  • My awesome new television [Thanks, Momzilla.]
  • Getting my car fixed like, a million times. [Thanks, Bighead.]
  • My niece. AWWW, BARF. [Thanks (?) Suzy and Terence.]
  • Mario Kart: Double Dash! Yay! [Thanks, Josh.]
  • My fake ID, because without it, this blog would cease to exist. [Thanks, Fatty.]
  • My favorite fatty in the whole world - Hercules. [Thanks, Terence and Suzy.]
  • My fuzzy boots from J. Crew. [Thanks... me.]

    Pictures


    Awww, it's Maddy!My baby.Two of my favorite bitches, ever.What a successful night out on 6th should end up looking like.Stop! It's Hammer Time!Proof that I am, indeed, the cutest person, ALIVE.Still my favorite picture of my favorite Zetas.


    Quotes
  • "Yeah, CINNAMON BITS." - Dane Cook
  • "I get the Shuffle and then I shuffle the Shuffle" - George W. Bush
  • "Tammy, you look like you have Down's Syndrome." - Richard McFatterson
  • shiiiiiii wooon: youre not asian
  • "I never gave a reach-around to a spider monkey while reciting the Pledge of Alligence." - Peter Griffin
  • [studdud] what the fuck is wtf? [Via Bash.org]
  • "The Atkins diet is this diet where you eat bacon nonstop for 7 or 8 months. And the end result is... you die." Michael Ian Black

    Ah. This post was actually quite difficult to create seeing how I am suffering the repercussions of having too much fun last night. I hope all of you are hurting just as badly as I am right now.

    And on that note, farewell, 2005. It's been one hell of a ride.

  • No comments: